Homeschool Made Simple #2: Interview with Alissa Merrit
Updated: Nov 8, 2022
Today, I am chatting with Alissa Merrit, homeschool mom of four children. She shares her own journey with homeschooling and how she came to learn of my method and what it has done for her family since embracing homeschool made simple.
Listen to hear:
- Alissa's journey from trying to recreate public school at home, classical education, a hybrid version of homeschool to .
- How Carole's seminar, A Literature-Based Approach to Education, opened the way for a new approach to homeschooling.
- The changes she made after embracing a simpler approach to education and how it has blessed their family.
- Books they've cherished as a family: C.S. Lewis, Beatrix Potter, A.A. Milne, and more!
- The beauty of learning alongside our children.
- How to create an environment that supports your children in their education so they love learning.
- Questions to ask when evaluating why you have chosen homeschooling and gaining courage for the journey.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe in Apple Podcasts so you never miss an episode!