Madeleine's Raisin Scones
2 cup almond flour (or meal)
1/4 sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup raisins (organic preferrably)
1 tbsp orange zest (optional)
2 tbsp honey (preferrably raw and local)
Preheat oven to 375
1. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and raisins.
2. In a small bowl combine eggs and honey
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix thoroughly
4. Knead dough with hands to ensure proper distribution of ingredients
5. Form dough into a circle about 1/2" thick
6. Cut the circle like a pizza into 8 wedges
7. Use a spatula to gently separate wedges befores transfering one at a time to parchment paper-lined baking sheet (not the same as wax paper).
8. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes