(grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free)
recipe adapted from elanaspantry.com
3/4 cup almond butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon raw, local honey
4 large eggs
1/4 cup almond flour/meal
1/4 cup arrowroot powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 or more teaspoons ground flax meal
1/4 cup dried dates, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
3/4 cup pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 7-by-3-inch loaf pan or several mini loaf pans with coconut oil and dust with almond flour.
2. In a large bowl, mix the almond butter and honey with a handheld mixer or whisk until smooth, then blend in the eggs. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot powder, salt, baking soda, and flax meal. Blend the almond flour mixture into the wet ingredients until thoroughly combined. Fold in the dates, cranberries, nuts, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds. Pour the batter into the loaf pan(s).
3. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or begin checking at 40 minutes if using mini pans. Bake until a knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
4. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes, then flip the bread out of the pan onto a rack and let cool.
5. This bread slices thinly and toasts beautifully. You may also freeze it for later use.